Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beginning of the End

The long anticipated day finally came. And went. We did survive. More accurate, I survived. It was never a question of Austin surviving. He was awesome & did fantastically.

I managed to contain the emotions until I left the class room. They came immediately after I walked out. I ran into so many other moms from Austin's preschool group. It was nice to talk with others who were going through the exact same thing, feelings the same emotions & trying to cope. A soft rain was falling, it was so perfect.

And we did cope. I felt like something was missing all day. Yeah, that would be Austin. It felt like a hole in my heart. We stayed busy but kept an eye on the clock. Constantly. We only ran one "errand" into town to drive past the school (during recess) to see if we could see him.

When 3:30 finally came we ran to greet Austin with open arms. We rushed home for "T Time" - where we Talk & have Treats. We were all anxious to hear the details & we were generiously rewarded. It was a success, he loved it!

I am officially a school mom. The change has already started to happen. It is the beginning of a new stage of our life. The end of another. Is it okay to mourn & rejoice at the same time?

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Im so happy for you and Austin that you both made it through this great day. I give you alot of credit. I know that it had to be a very hard day. I dont look forward to my day. I know that our kids will do great in school because we are wonderful mothers and we will always be there for them.

'T' said...

I remember the first day of K. I had T time for myself (meaning treats just for my mourning). I'm so proud of you! It such a blessing that Austin loves it, and it is a joy for him. With love, T

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...