Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Big Yellow (not-so-magical-to-me) School Bus

The school bus thing really scares me. There are too many unknowns. It feels like I'm turning my child over to a pack of wolves. After the first day of school Austin wanted to know when he got to ride the bus. Nothing like the present to get over your fears. Apparently. So if my son is brave obviously I can be do (or try at least.) So I kept telling Austin (& Kurt) that Monday was the day. Well Monday came (as in yesterday) and Austin still wanted to do the bus thing so there was no backing out for me. He crossed the road & climbed the steps like the big school kid that he is. No worries. Too bad his mother cried all the way back to the house. And I won't go into details about how I fretted & stewed that the bus was 6 minutes late when they dropped him off (I did restrain myself from calling the police!)

He climbed back on that yellow bus again this morning. My heart still ached as it pulled away & more restraining will take place this afternoon until that yellow bus again pulls into view.

2 comments:

'T' said...

what age group of kids are on his bus? hope it all went well! Love T

The R Crew said...

all ages. he continues to do well. i seem to be the dysfunctional one.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...