Monday, August 18, 2008

Whirl Weekend

After a very fun & exhausting sleepover on Wednesday (I finally crashed at 4:45 am - others were still going strong!) we headed down for Overton, Nevada. It is a good 10 1/2 hours of driving time from Vale. We didn't get a very early start (the last girls left by 11 am & then we were on the road by noon.) But of course we had a few errands to run in Ontario (including picking out flooring for my garage, so-to-be preschool studio!) Anyways the kids were great travelers. We pulled into Ely, Nevada at 10 pm and decided to stay the night. I lived in Ely for 3 years as a young girl, I went to kindergarten & 1st grade there so I thought it was kind of cool to past through the town the very week my own son will start kindergarten. I don't know that anyone else thought it was as cool as I did. By leaving at 4:30 am we were able to arrive at 8:30 am.

Friday & Saturday were great. We spent lots of time with family, what's better than that? Saturday morning we headed up to Warm Springs. I was sad that they have basically ruined it from the amazing memories I treasure of my childhood. We had a nice reunion that evening to celebrate & thank Grandma and Grandpa for 25 wonderful years of Cousin Capers. I truly have been blessed with super grandparents & family.

We left early Sunday morning to start the trek back. We stopped in Ely to go to sacrament meeting. Emma Lynn could not understand why we were staying for all of church. She was crying in the hall, "I want to go to Primary!" I'm glad we've taught her well. We got home around 7:30 pm. It was a wonderful weekend, I wish it could have been longer BUT grateful for what we did have. I'm already looking forward to next years reunion!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...