Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Tribute to Sister Richards

So today she's off, leaving on a jet plane, headed for the blessed land of Fiji. It has been so amazing to share her MTC experience with her. And I thank her for being honest & sharing all her feelings, good and bad. I'm excited for her to get to Fiji so she can start the meat of her mission, to find that amazing family & teach them the truth of the restoration. But in the same instant I'm a little sad that the letters won't arrive (both ways) as quickly, that the comfort of knowing she's a day trip away is gone. The great distance makes it very real that she really is gone, ...leaving on a jet plane... don't know when I'll be back again... Our prayers are with you, travel safe, work hard & love completely. God speed Sister Richards!

On the less exciting home front in Vale I continue the never-ending process of unpacking. Kurt asked last night, "Do you think we'll ever finish?" At this point the answer is a resounding NO! And then we reminisced of previous moves when the house was unpacked, organized and spotless the day we moved in. Granted we had a lot less kids & a lot less stuff at that point in our lives. We'll get there. We finally hung a clock on Saturday so time has meaning for us again. And all clothes are in the closets & in drawers. We are making progress, slowly.

But most happily they are working on the garage as we speak! The garage is being converted to a part of the house in order to accommodate the preschool I'm starting Sept. 2nd. I'm having a open house on the 23rd so we are on a race to the deadline! The fact that someone showed up & is working gives me hope. Like unpacking, we'll get there, slowly but surely.

Those boxes are calling my name...

3 comments:

'T' said...

Good luck to your sis. Good luck with starting a pre school, good luck with the studio, and WOW good luck with unpacking... I hope you're feeling well and misses to you. Tiniel

Tia J said...

I still can't believe Karen is going to Figi! I am horrib;e at writing tell her we love her and can't wait to hear her stories.
You are my hero! I don't know how you do everything you do and are teh best mom in the world. Congrats we will have to take a trip to Vale when we move back.

TulsaT said...

Just checking in, great posts!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...