Monday, August 4, 2008

Cold Sore

I've been getting them since I was a little girl. My first grade picture proudly sports a nice big crusty cold sore. It is part of the herpes virus & will never go away. As I got older I made the connection that I got cold sores when I was emotionally stressed out. The normal stress isn't a big deal but its the emotional stress that always seems to get me.

I can always feel the moment they pop out & then watch in dread as it continues to blister & feaster & grow. I was sitting in church yesterday & felt the pop.

It's true there's a lot going on right now. But I'm also blessed with a sense of peace & that helps me to be calm. Faith in a higher being is essential. And my Austin has been praying for me freverently. If the unwavering faith of my five year old doesn't bring peace, happiness & hope then I'm a lost cause.

It's gonna be a good week in spite of that crusty cold sore.

2 comments:

'T' said...

Post pix of your decorated house. You're beautiful with cold sores or without. You must have never gotten stressed when you were in Blackfoot, cuz I never notices any (smile). Love and Miss ya TINIEL

sochie said...

Cold sores are def no fun! on the lighter note though i love your blog!! what an absolutly beautiful family you have. perfect in every way!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...