Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Every day STUFF isn't just stuff

Ruth took a bath without her infant tub last night. Blog worthy? To me it is. My baby, she getting big on me. I just LOVE having a baby in the house. They bring so much joy! The older siblings have always done so well when the new addition arrives to our family. But it has been so fun to watch Austin and Emma Lynn with Ruth since they are both older now (we are speaking relatively since they are 4 and 5!) They both just adore her, want to spend every waking moment with her, love to make her laugh and giggle. Our family entertainment revolves around her (and Spencer of course, he IS the entertainer!)

Spencer's current favorite song is "3 Blind Mice." His version consists of "cut off their tail with a SHARPING knife. Did you ever see such a CRAZY THING in your life?" Granted he knows the correct words but he also knows the joy of making us laugh. Thanks, coo coo!

I'm enjoying the mother/daughter bond more and more with Emma Lynn. She has always been a mommy's girl and as she is maturing it has been so fun to spend time together. Sisterhood is a real thing. I feel so blessed to have 2 beautiful girls to share that with.

And then we have the issue of Austin kindergarten kiss. A few weeks ago Austin and I were in the kitchen making dinner when he casually mentions, "Oh mom, Bailey kissed me." He said it so innocently, so matter-of-factly that I contained my initial response in order to keep talking about it with him. I really want to be able to communicate with my kids. I want them to feel comfortable talking to me about anything and everything. I want them to confide in me, ask for advice or just use me as a sounding board (which is one of the motivating factors in instilling "T Time" which has been fizzling as of late - time to repent!) He has grown up a lot in the past 8 weeks that he has been in school. While the depression of him being in school has subsided I'm left with sadness as I miss my boy. There are so many eternal truths to be learned in parenthood.

People are always telling me to enjoy these days when my kids are small because they go by so fast. I LOVE these days! So it's left me wondering if I'm going to miss them even more because I'm enjoying them so much. Here's to finding out because I'm not going to enjoy them less.

Thank you for indulging the quiet ramblings of a content mother.

5 comments:

'T' said...

I agree, having a baby is the house is pure joy! They are such a little slice of heaven. Love ya TINIEL

Tia J said...

She is so cute! Emma is looking so much older. Two super cute girls!

janalee said...

What beautiful daughters you have :)

Elliot and Traci said...

AUSTIN WAS KISSED?!?! Who is Bailey? Ah! I want to hear about this. :)

TulsaT said...

Yep, I remember my Austin's first kindergarten kiss. You never forget those moments. At least he told you, I had to hear it from another mom and his response was, " I'm to embarrassed to talk about it. I didn't like it." For that I am greatful!!

I too am excited about having a baby in the house again.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...