Thursday, October 23, 2008

PTC

Parent Teacher Conference. My mom is notorious for hating them. I'm not sure why. But last night as I faced my first one I had to wonder what made them so awful. "Am I suppose to hate them too? What am I suppose to expect? What kind of great and meaningful questions should I be asking?" I asked a few experienced parents and even some teachers to get a few answers.

It is interesting to have someone else tell you so much about your child. I can see how a mother could get defensive. But Mrs. Wagner didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Areas to improve - which are improvable so that is encouraging. And what he's strengths are, I will refrain from bragging.

I'm so, so glad I volunteer in the classroom and I'm involved in Austin's life. I need to know what's going on.

I think I might be able to break the hate cycle of PTC.

1 comment:

'T' said...

I think PTC is the greatest. I always like to hear what's up and what we can impove on too! Darrec just got through with his, and said he noticed that the parents that come to PTC have the kind of kids that do better in their school work... It was a good thought (parental support).

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...