Wednesday, October 29, 2008

8th Month Double Ear



Ruth celebrated her 8th month of life on Tuesday by going to the Dr. and getting antibiotics for a double ear infection. Combining the fact that her tooth came in on Monday she was smiling and happy this afternoon. I was starting to see glimpses of my sweet baby girl! How I've missed her.

At 8 months she just barely cut a tooth (how much more should I talk about it?) And as of a week ago is completely weaned (sigh of sadness and relief simultaneously - is that possible?) Not crawling but I've seen her venture up on her knees a few times (pre sickness days.) Seeing how the banister of our stair case is missing more than 5 poles and is completely unsafe and a hazard to infants and small children it's probably a good thing. Kurt will fix it in a hurry a. the day she starts crawling b. the week before my parents come for Christmas. Which ever happens sooner.

Noteworthy: she has a nickname that doesn't end in a "Y." Something I didn't think our family was capable of (seriously who calls their kid, "Austy." Umm, we do. I'm probably the most guilty. Personally I think it's all Emma's fault - EVERY name under the sun that comes out of her mouth has a "Y" attached to the end.) Slightly off topic. One day Kurt called Ruth, "Ruth-ster." It sounded so much like ROOSTER and it has stuck (with us at least.) She's our Rockin Rooster Girl (complete with song and actions, of course!)

When she's not sick she is so happy and lights up a room. Everyone in our family clamors for her attention because her smiles are such a delightful, well earned reward. Her laughter is cute and the kids could spend hours extracting that precious giggle. I'm happy to celebrate 8 months of added JOY and SWEETEST to our lives! Endless love for you my Rooster.

6 comments:

'T' said...

beautiful girl... love her nickname. wish i could love on her! love the pictures! did you get a photo program? you are going to love it! miss you... hope you got to see HSM3?

Krystal said...

Im so sorry the she has hurting ears. Trevor would them everytime he would cut a new tooth. It was very ruff. Ruthie is so sweet and getting sooooo big. We love her to.

Krystal said...

Ok so on the last post I couldnt type or write a sentence. It should have said Im so sorry that she has hurting ears. Trevor would get them everytime he would cut a new tooth.

TulsaT said...

What a delightful email. I love to read about your wondeful famiy. I miss you terribly!

I love that nickname. It is perfect because really, dosen't the sun rise and set on her?

TulsaT said...

Yea, so I didn't check that first comment for spelling errors before I pushed the submit button and wow, there are alot of them!

The R Crew said...

Tessie I love your comment about Ruth's nickname, it is so perfect and so true! I have never thought of it like that - I love it. I hope it'll stick forever.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...