Monday, October 13, 2008

51 is old

Before I proceed I apologize to all youthful readers 51 years and older.

Cindy turned 50 on Friday. Since everyone was busy, busy helping the farm with the onion harvest the birthday celebrations had to wait until Saturday night. I was in charge of the cake and ice cream. As the kids and I were getting it ready Austin and Emma Lynn were discussing grandma's birthday. Emma wanted to know when Grandma's next birthday was going to be (ever since her birthday she has been trying to understand the concept of how long a year is.) After I explained the time line of a year (again) Austin said, "Grandma will be 51 on her next birthday." Emma's response was, "That will be so old." Good news for Grandma Romans; she has one more year of youth left!


Spencer is funny. He is assuming his role as family clown more and more. The other day when Jeff Romans asked how he was doing his response was, "I'm Coo Coo!" Of course that has become his new nickname (from Jeff anyways.) When we were eating cake and ice cream Spencer was downing his ice cream and mid bite started shuttering. He put his spoon down and just sat there. (SO unusual for Spencer!) Jeff asked him if he had brain freeze. Spencer walks over to me, "Mom, I have bain feeze." The other moment I loved from the evening; we drew a book for Cindy about the reasons why we love her. One of my reasons was a very long sentence about her testimony, loving the Lord, teaching her children, etc, etc. As soon as she finished reading it Spencer said, "Jesus Christ, Amen."



I'm so glad that life is never dull & has many moments of laughter.

1 comment:

janalee said...

The book you made for your MIL sounds awesome- and Spencer's comment made me giggle! I'm also glad for the moments that bring laughter to my life :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...