Sunday, October 26, 2008

First Guest

My brother Sam is here for the weekend. Our first official guest in our new house. The guest bedroom has been working out well. It's so nice that there is a bathroom right off the room. It gives him some privacy especially when my children are so anxious NOT to give him any! They LOVE having him here. Austin adores him and follows him around talking endlessly. Spencer continues to put on a show and Emma Lynn is all smiles. I hoping Sam is surviving the abrupt change from college life to family life. It's a dramatic difference! I'm excited that the holiday season (Thanksgiving and Christmas) will mean more time with Sam.

Thursday Austin didn't have school and I didn't have preschool due to PTC (check previous post for meaning) so we spent most of the day in the preschool room creating and crafting. Have I mentioned that I LOVE that room?!!! It has been such a fabulous space and I love that my family uses it and it enables all of us to learn and create on a daily basis. Thank, thank you Kurt! So below is a pic of a gord that Austin attached different hair, eyes, noes, etc.. to. I love the finish product. Friday while we waited for Sam to get to Boise we watched a movie at the dollar theater (Kung Fu Panda.) I love playing with my kids!

Austin's creations

On Friday we had another preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch here in town. A very sweet lady has turn the front part of her lawn into a pumpkin patch. She goes all out to decorate and loves to have people come. It was a family field trip. It was so great to see everyone bring their families. The weather was great and it was good time had by all.
The pumpkin patch

Emma Lynn at her Preschool Family Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch


At least Spencer is happy to be here.


Ruth's first trip to the patch.

The last note, Ruth has been sick again all week. I feel like with preschool and having a school age child our house is a germ pool. My poor baby seems to be getting the brunt of it. That and some bottom teeth are so close, I keep praying that they'll come through TODAY. She has NOT done well with the teething thing. My other kids have spoiled me as far as that department goes. She has already been worse (about teething) than all three of them combined for all of their teeth. And NONE of hers have come through yet! It's gonna be a long road...They're gonna come through this week. That is faith talking.

4 comments:

Elliot and Traci said...

Yay! I love this post and all of the pictures. They just made me excited. Austin's creation is wonderful and Emma is pretty cute holding her "big" pumpkin. Thanks again for sharing, and i hope Ruth feels better soon!

janalee said...

:) I like the face Austin made for his gourd. And all your pumkin patch pictures are cool- it's neat to be able to look back at them and be reminded of the fun you had as a family. I hope Ruth's teeth come in soon.

Waite said...

Sooooo Cute! Love the photos!!! I thought we were your first guests :-) Love and miss you tons. Remember when it gets too cold there, come warm up here :-) Have a great week.

Love, Dawn

Tiffany said...

Oh - Mrs. Kuwahara is so nice, isn't she? Lilli went there for Preschool too! I'm not sure how long the corn maze is open, I think I still have Matt's phone number if you want to call him, just let me know!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...