Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Simplify

Not to join the cliche but Conference really was "just for me" this weekend. It was fabulous. The kids did great and it is always so fun to have spiritual teaching moments with them. We ate popcorn, did lots of coloring and talked about the gospel. Austin is getting to the point where it can even be more than that, if I dare use the word, a discussion. I'm pretty sure life doesn't get any better.

Elder Perry's talk about SIMPLIFYING has been haunting (for a lack of a better word) me since it's address from the pulpit this weekend. The question has been nagging at me...What am I going to get rid of in my life to Simplify? Never in my life have I been so busy, to the point where it is a delicate balance not to spin out of control. If the scales even start to tip ever so slightly...watch out! So I did call one piano student yesterday and I told her I was really too busy to take any more at this point in time. Okay, that is one major step for me! Now if I could just tell a few more...

And at the same time President Monson's talk about enjoying the journey as we are journeying was perfect. I have a vinyl quote in my living room that simply states, "Enjoy the Journey." And I can honestly say that I am loving our stage of life right now. For all the busyness I am more aware of the time I am alloted and how I choose to spend it. To me time spent playing, reading, supporting, volunteering, tickling and loving my kids is the most important use of my time. So sometimes the laundry (okay, okay ALL the time) gets pushed aside until have the kids are asleep and I'm exhausted. But the journey is good, we have been greatly blessed beyond measure.


After FHE about the creation last night we went on a nature walk (in our yard.) The beauties of fall captured our attention. These four divine creations captured mine.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...