Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BOSCH Bread

The BOSCH arrived on Friday! The girls and I had spent all day shopping in Boise so by the time I got home we just took it out of the box and sat it on the counter. Saturday I cut Emma's hair (see post below) and ran off to the youth temple trip. Sunday was Sunday. And Monday after the chores were done I could finally settle down and check out my BOSCH. I couldn't find my hand wheat grinder and I really, really didn't want to prolong making bread any longer so we settled for white bread. Verdict: Love the BOSCH, Love home made bread, Love it all! Austin came in, "Mom, it looks like real bread (thank you). Mom, it tastes BETTER than real bread!" (Thank You!)

The time to share recipes has come! All entries welcome. Thank you in advance!

7 comments:

'T' said...

looks de-lish!

Smelsha said...

I am so excited for you. One day I will own one myself. For now, my KitchenAide will have to do (and it's not too bad).

I have been experimenting a lot with bread recipes lately. Here's one I found that I haven't moved on from yet and I have never been a big whole wheat fan but we love this loaf.
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/RecipeDisplay?RID=27

I make a double batch, let it go through the first rise then shape them into 8x4 pans (not the size they say but we weren't eating that big of a loaf fast enough). I raise one to bake right then and put the other two in the freezer already shaped so I can have fresh baked bread again in a few days with little fuss. Either thaw the loaf in the fridge over night or it should thaw and rise during the course of a day. Good luck!

BTW, King Arthur has TONS and TONS of bread recipes. You should never run out of new things to make with your new Bosch!

The R Crew said...

Elisha, you are AMAZING!!! We all knew that already but Thank You so much for the tips, help and recipes.
Much appreciated!

TulsaT said...

I do hope you are posting your recipe for those delicious loaves. They look wonderful!

Smelsha said...

I had to come back and admire your appliance again! Your white bread looks delicious (I LOVE white bread but I'm trying to be more healthy). Are you going to post your recipe? If not, can you send it my way please?

The R Crew said...

Here is the recipe for the bread pictured:

2 TBS yeast
3 cups warm water
4 TBS sugar
4 TBS shortening (I've been using butter...)
4 tsp salt
6 cups flour

Knead with more flour. Let raise 1/2 hour then form into loaves. Bake @ 350 for 40-50 min.

Smelsha said...

Mmmm, might have to make some tomorrow! Thanks for sharing! PS - How do you shape your loaves? Do you roll them? They look so cute in the picture, it looks like they've risen so high there's a expansion in the side near the top...how'd you do that?

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...