Saturday, January 3, 2009

End of December Recap Part 1

It's been so long I'm not sure I know how to do this any more. I'll stumble through it somehow. So the suitcases are unpacked, ALL the laundry is done (and I'm not joking - new years resolutions are AWESOME!) Christmas decor is cleaned up and put away so now I can officially sit down and blog.

aaaaaahhhhhhhhh. It feels good to be back.

On the 16th Kurt and I celebrated our 8 anniversary. I have been blessed beyond description to have found such a kind, righteous, patient, smart, talented and devoted husband to spend my eternities with. As we experience life together, it's ups and downs and work together we are strengthen and our love grows. It just keeps getting better. Traci and Elliot were in town for the Christmas holidays and were gracious enough to watch the kids for us (*Thanks again guys, it was wonderful and you are AWESOME! Love you!*) We did some shopping, actually did a temple session ~together~ (we have been swapping sessions ever since Ruth was born in Feb.) and ate dinner at Texas Road House. We had a wonderful night together (minus the immediate food poisoning I got on the way home, I've never gotten sick so fast!) I'm excited to see what our 9th year has in store for us!

Austin was sick on Monday and Tuesday and missed school. I feel really bad, not only that he was sick but I had been complaining the previous week how he still had a whole week of school left before Christmas break and I how I really, really, really wanted to keep him home (for the sole purpose of having all my kids home so we could play together.) And the irony of it all is that he did miss school but he was too sick to play! I'm just grateful that he got well before Christmas!

We did the traditional caroling at the nursing home on the 17th with the youth. It always brings back so many great memories of my childhood/youth. Not to mention the incredible power of music especially about our Savior. "Oh, Come Let Us Adore Him!"

My mom and Sam arrived on Friday just as the weather started to get crazy. It snowed endlessly. Honestly. I don't think I've ever seen snow come down it such a quiet, steady stream for such a length of time (either that or I have a very poor memory!) It was great to have them come and finally show my mom our "new-to-us" house. I think she loved it almost as much as I do. It feels like home more and more every day (imagine that!)

Saturday Ruth and I tagged along with Emma to her friend, Natalie's birthday party. They had so much fun! Complete with glitter, nail polish, dressing up, making crowns, cake & ice cream, and taking home their very own fairy wings. We left just a little bit early to head to a baptism of Sammy and Amber Duncan (Amber is a Beehive in our YW program.) It was a great meeting and I'm so proud of the girls! That night Kurt and I went on another date (great week for us!) to the Ward Council Christmas party. It was an interesting evening, we'll leave it at that.

Sunday (the 21st) was the Christmas program in sacrament meeting. 2 of my Laurels put the program together. They did a great job and there was lots of participation from everyone. It is so easy to feel the true meaning of Christmas through music. What a true reason to rejoice in our Savior! That evening we had Christmas the Romans' Christmas at Bill and Cindy. All 5 of the kids plus spouses were home (and we all wouldn't be for Christmas so we decided it was better to celebrate early since we were all together.) After a fabulous meal, we acted the nativity (2 years in a row, I think I feel a tradition coming on!) and opened presents. We ended the evening with a New Years tradition: The Newly Wed Game. Since Kurt and I won last year we were the hosts. It was entertaining for Sam and my mom! Congrats to the winners Jeff and Julie, you host '09!


Tuesday morning Kurt, Sam, the kids and I went sledding with the youth. It wasn't too cold and we went down a manuouth hill. Every time Kurt and I went down with Spence we wiped out - ON HIM! He is so tough (as he likes to tell Jeff every time he sees him.) He would cry for about 3 seconds and then then say, in a pretty deflated voice, "weeee." That afternoon my mom, Sam, Ruth and I headed into Boise to pick up my dad and Tim (who were arriving at midnight.) Naturally we went in early to take advantage of the Boise area. We hit some favorites, ate dinner and even had time for a movie. Oh yeah, they made it here safely too!




On Christmas Eve we delivered presents to neighbors (caroling to some) and visited with Grandma and Grandpa Miles. It snowed continuously so Kurt, Sam, Tim and my dad went to shovel the walks of the church - where we were having our Ken and Renae Christmas Eve party. It was probably the best party to date, in my opinion. What made it so great you ask? Well, for one it was nice to have some of my family there. Secondly for the first time ever we acted out the nativity, I love that we actually celebrated the reason we get together. Thirdly my children were all well behaved and have a great time (I was especially proud of Austin had how out grown up in acted in sharing his toys, way to go bud!) And four but definitely not least the large amounts of delicious food! We came home to read scriptures and open new jammies. I love the speed in which believing children fall asleep on Christmas night. That is a Merry Christmas!







Kurt's gifts from the $5 gift exchange: dusting slippers and a 44DDD bra! (Ruth is modeling it.)

This is the best picture I could get of all of them together with new jammies.

Stay tuned for part 2...

3 comments:

TulsaT said...

Can't wait for part 2!

Elliot and Traci said...

HAHAHAH!!! I love the 44DDD bra. Disgusting. :) I had so much fun with you, Kurt and the kids over Christmas. Thanks for sharing them with us for a day!

'T' said...

yea you're back!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...