Friday, January 30, 2009

Most Anticipated Pic

Austin catches the bus at appropriately 7:13 am. He doesn't get home from school until 4:08 pm. It is a long day for him. At the beginning of the school year he would fall asleep on the way home from school EVERY day. Since he had a nap on the bus he wasn't tired when it was time for bed. Therefore he went to bed later than he should making it so difficult to wake him up in the morning. It was a vicious cycle that I didn't think we'd ever break! About mid-November he started making it all the way home without falling asleep. That progress was ruined over Christmas break. The bus driver suggested one day that I should get a picture of him sleeping - a perfect idea b/c it's a great document of his kindergarten school year. So every day for 3 weeks I took the camera with me when I went to pick Austin up. He would either be awake or awake up just as the bus pulled up to the house. But finally after taking the camera every day for 3 weeks I got his picture on Wednesday! I'm so glad my persistence paid off.

5 comments:

Dirk said...

Perfect! I'm so happy you persisted and got a picture!!! I wish I had a picture of Elaine sleeping on the bus in Zaire. Of course, she would probably want to destroy it. Austin, you little cutie.
Love, mom

Cheryl said...

How cute is he!

Elliot and Traci said...

Haha, that makes me smile.

Krystal said...

That is so cute!!! My mom said that I did that in school also but they didnt find me until the bus driver was cleaning the bus. Im so glad that you got this picture.

janalee said...

Those stories are the ones they tell their own kids 20 years later :) Good for you, persisting 'till you got a pic of this!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...