Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rooster Guuurrrr-La is 11 MONTHS old

I love the way Spencer pronounces the word girl. guuurrr-la. It ends up sounding a lot like gorilla. Kurt spent a good portion of last Sunday trying to teach him the correct way to say it. He's doing so much better! He says it really slow in order to remember the right way to do it. It's adorable. But honestly I miss hearing him say guurr-la. Especially Rooster Guuurrrr-la.

Today she is 11 months old. It is so surreal to me. Sunday is the first of February. The month of her birth. What a crazy fast year. Part of me is feeling guilty b/c I've never had so much going on in my life and it affect everything. Ruth has just gone and done everything because she HAD to. It makes me feel guilty but at the same time she was always so amazingly great. What a blessing to me as a tried to keep up this lifestyle but also to everyone who has the opportunity to interact with her. The sun really does rise and set on her (as my wise friend Tessi put it so perfectly.) I'll save all these emotions for next month b/c I KNOW I won't be able to suppress them then!

Rooster is speed crawling. She is crusin' furniture and can climb up ALL our stairs (there are a total of 14.) The kids were playing downstairs when I started to practice my violin today. As soon as Rooster heard me she started up the stairs babbling the whole way. When she reached the top she came over to the piano and starts plunking away at the keys. She's always with me when I practice, it is so precious. She is still grumpy pants with 2 more top teeth trying to come in. Her hair is trying to lay down a little bit more. She adores her older siblings (and vice versa!) goes crazy for bath time and gives great snuggles.

Here's to celebrating 11 excellent months with our Rooster Guurrr-la! We love you.

5 comments:

'T' said...

she's the perfect mix of emma and spencer. wish i could come hang out with that precious guuuurrr-la!!

janalee said...

:) I hear you w/dance. Except mine is piano LOL. So cool that she's found a new love, and that she enjoys it.

Elliot and Traci said...

I miss Rooster Gurrr-la! I can't believe she is almost one. Let me know when the birthday party is. I'll see if I have a free weekend!

Hooray for Emma's art classes! Who is she taking them from?

TulsaT said...

I can't believe she is almost 1. It really is crazy how fast it all happens. I am going to really try and be aware of the first year of Hunter's life, I am afraid of missing a minute.

TulsaT said...

I can't believe she is almost 1. It really is crazy how fast it all happens. I am going to really try and be aware of the first year of Hunter's life, I am afraid of missing a minute.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...