Saturday, January 10, 2009

End of December Recap Part 3 - Dear to my Heart & Play time

I'm having MAJOR trouble uploading pics. Is anyone else experiencing technical difficulties or am I the difficulty? So hopefully when it is all resolved I'll post the pics that go with this post...

The reason for our trip to Utah was my beautiful sister's wedding. I'm not sure how much to say without getting too drippy sappy with raw emotion.

Elaine is amazing. Hands down, completely, unselfishly, totally amazing. She has had some difficult trials in life and the way she tackled them was amazing. Not to over use the word, but seriously. Not once did she complain but looked forward with faith, searched for forgiveness and gave. She is a rock and inspiring to everyone who knows her.

I cannot think of anything more joyful or perfect than Elaine finding love and being sealed for eternity. So to have that come true 2 days after Christmas was a blessing beyond measure. The spirit was sweet and the couple so deserving. Elaine in the sealing room is probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. She is gorgeous, and peaceful and radiant!

I love you! Congrats.

Monday through Wednesday we stayed at my Grandma Karen's house in Clearfield, Utah. My parents, and brothers Sam & Tim where also there. Monday mom, grandma, Lorna, Emma and I went to HSM 3. FINALLY! I've waited forever to see it. It was super cheesy and great as to be expected. The boys went to a more manly movie, their lost. We set goals for FHE that night.

Tuesday Joseph and Maren came down and we went into Salt Lake to the Discover Center. It is an awesome hands on museum. The kids had a great time exploring, & discovering. After a few hours we were all exhausted and hungry (it's hard work to play!) We ate at Applebee's and then walked up to Temple Square where we met up with my parents and brothers. We had a little bit of time before dark so we went in the church history part of the Joseph Smith building. The adults crashed while the kids played on the toys there. The lights were gorgeous and the weather not too cold. Naturally we made a stop at the visitor's center with a climax stop being the statue of Christ in "the universe" as my kids say. Great opportunities to teach (if you have enough energy by that point!)

Wednesday we went down to Thanksgiving Point to see the largest dinosaur museum in the world! It was a steep price to get in (at least I thought so.) But a really great museum. We were surprise how many hands on exhibits they had. They were definitely a hit with the kids, and highly recommended by the Romans family. If my parents end up moving to Provo we will surely have to get a yearly family pass. We said good-bye to Joseph and Maren (thanks again for making time to see us - you are fabulous and we LOVE you!) We stopped at Cabelas and Ikea on the way back to grandma's. We didn't buy anything, just looking (or torturing ourselves!) I was really starting to feel sick by this point (cold, sore throat, fever, achy, etc...) I had a New Years party planned for the kids when we got home. But I put Ruth and Spence to bed and crashed right along with them. Those that stayed awake had a 10 minute party at 10 pm. Happy 2009!

We had the pick-up packed and loaded by 10 am on Thursday morning. More good-byes, lots of thank yous and endless LOVE. It was a Terrifically Amazing trip. Thank you one and all.

I still felt horrible so the drive home was long, for me at least. Kurt and the kids did great. Kurt was also super helpful with the kids when we got home (You're the BEST, thank you and I LOVE you!) When my fever broke on Friday I could start moving again and life hasn't slowed since.

1 comment:

'T' said...

PLEEEAAASE oh PLEEAAASE post pix of Elaine when you can... How about a post on how they met and a little about him? Congrats to them and YIPPPPIIIEEE she found her awesome eternal companion!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...