Sunday, April 12, 2009

~~~ April 12, 2003 ~~~

I just had my first baby shower in the hospital. That will always be a memorable experience. Lorraine Allen, Amy Christensen and Sherrie Brady put it together for me. It was really so nice and so thoughtful that they would put so much effort into it. I know its hard to do a baby shower when the mother is in the hospital. I feel so overwhelmed with their sincere kindness.

They sent out an email letting the sisters in the ward know they were having a video baby shower for me. They had a couple of questions that they could choose to talk about, stories or advice and then their well wishes. Lorranie had a candy game that we played - it was a matching game - a name of the candy corresponded with a baby item (for example diaper was raisinettes.) We watched the video (which was so touching and thoughtful) had lots of good food, talked and opened presents. We received so many nice things - I'm so grateful! We even received 6 preemie outfits which I'm SO happy about since I don't have any of that stuff. I tried to have Kurt go shopping for a few things this afternoon (especially for preemie things and a quilt to put over the incubator.) But he isn't a big time shopper and wanted to be done as soon as possible. I aprpeciate his shopping efforts. :) So I had a wonderful baby shower. I'm just so grateful and feel so endebted to their kindness.

We had another ultrasound this morning. Kurt always gets excited about it (and rightly so!) We saw a big yawn and close up of his eyes. Kurt's favorite is the hear beat especially watching the valves and different chambers pump. It's pretty cool. My fluid level remains the same.

I had some notable contractions this afternoon. But they were no where near regular. All things considered its still pretty quiet which I am really grateful for but a large part of me really hopes that the labor process will happen naturally. It would be nice to have something be natural in this process. But its out of my control now, leave it in the Lord's hands and go forth in faith.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...