Thursday, April 16, 2009

~~~ April 16, 2003 ~~~

My baby still isn't here.

Its been another long day but not as bad as Monday and Tuesday since we are activitly trying to get Austin here. This morning at 2 am we started the Pit IV, nothing real exciting started to happen until 9:30 am. I still wasn't able to get a real good nights sleep because my mind was racing and that piece of slab they call a bed was SO uncomfortable. Not to mention I was contented to a million different machines. I started having heavy cramping followed by "contractions" that lasted 30 seconds 1-2 minutes apart. This lasted until noon. Dr. Boyle came in to discuss the plan. He was very surprised I hadn't gone into labor yet especially since I was dilated to a 4 yesterday. He said they would try a different labor inducing med if I hadn't made any real changes. Noon came and went without any excitement or difference.

Time for plan B. Stop the Pit and an hour later start Citotex which is a pill that they insert directly into the cervix. It is a set of 3 pills given 4 hours apart. It is meant to soften the uterus and they hoped the combination would start me into "real" labor. They gave the first @ 1:30 pm. Nothing. The second at 4:30 pm. Nothing.
The third at 7:30 pm. Nothing. My body just isn't working with me (probably b/c I'm suppose to be pregnant for 2 more months!) The second round of Pit is schedule for 1 am tomorrow morning. Let's PRAY it works because a C-section tomorrow at noon is the next option.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...