Tuesday, April 14, 2009

~~~ April 14, 2003 ~~~

And I thought yesterday was a long day! Sometimes I wish I had more patience. We were planned to have an amniocentesis today. We waited and waited and waited for Dr. Mangsager to come on the floor and make his rounds and start the test. He didn't come until 10 minutes to 4 pm. I knew as the day wore on and we didn't see him that we wouldn't be able to do the test. It takes about an hour for the results to come back and I knew the lab would be closing sooner than later. It was really hard to wait all day for something that didn't even happen. Patience, my friend. When he finally did come he asked if we could reschedule until tomorrow since it was getting so late. I completely understand that you have to be flexible and understanding - we are not the only people in this hospital. But I was disappointed. I spent all day trying to be calm and relaxed about the whole thing and it didn't happen. I started to feel like Kurt with a major stomach ulcers. So we're scheduled first thing in the morning for the test. I pray it happens. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high just in case (you never know what will happen, that is proof of that!) I feel bad for Kurt because he went into work at midnight so he could be here all day for the events that never happened.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...