Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Feet

I love the clogging thing. It has become quite contagious and makes me HAPPY. Once you start your feet won't stop!

On Saturday we had our Spring Clogging Show. Austin and I each clogged 2 songs. Plus I had a small group of singers sing 2 songs ("Folk Song Hand Jive" and "We've Got the Beat!") I also ran around back stage to get the right kids on and off and generally keep the program going back stage. It is a lot of work putting a show together. But I love being able to tap into that creative, musical, performance side.

Austin is officially done with clogging. He does not enjoy it any more :( and has been counting down the remaining classes and knew the performance was the last thing he'd have to do. Naturally is makes me sad. I love seeing him up there. And it also means that I won't have any kids on the stage.....(don't worry Spencer and Ruth are coming....!!!!....) Austin has just found other loves, mainly reading. We've done a few piano lessons together and we'll focus more on that this summer. He has learned Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and he randomly sits down and plays it. I LOVE it! The logical, memorizing part of piano will come easy for him so we're going to run with his current interest level.

Don't worry I'll continue clogging as long as classes are offered! I spent a lot of extra time practicing the past 2 weeks trying to get ready for the performance. I felt confident and was ready to dance. I made some major mistakes during our first song. I'm taking major, like I've NEVER danced it as badly before in my life. And I was center stage. AHHHHHHHHH!!! I kept on smiling and moving my feet so I wouldn't draw too much attention to the mistakes. AHHHHHH!!! Mainly it just makes me disappointed in myself. I worked hard to learn the dance and I really wish I could have shown that in the performance. Yet another humbling experience (funny how I seem to need those a lot!) But I'm happy that the second number was better, much, much better!


Austin clogging to "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Disney's Mulan.




Cloggin' Buddies

After the Show:


2 comments:

'T' said...

You rock Rachel! We did Folk Song Hand Jive with our kids choir a few years ago, it's fun. Keep up the tappin'.

Dirk said...

I'm happy you can squeeze time in for doing something you love!

Cute pics of cute, cute people!

Love to you, mom

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...