Wednesday, April 15, 2009

~~~ April 15, 2003 ~~~

Its now 9:35 pm and I have made a huge transition today. I'm now on the "other" side. I've moved rooms over to the labor and delivery side. YEAH!!! I woke up early this morning to ultrasound knocking at my door, they were ready for me. The baby was doing good but my fluid had dropped down to 1.8 cm. Dr. Mangsager came in around 10ish and said that I didn't even have enough fluid to do the amniocentesis so we'd better induced TODAY! Sounds good I was ready yesterday! He said things were CRAZY in labor and delivery so we would have to wait until there was a free room. I thought, no problem we're good at the waiting game. The day continued to roll on without any news or events. It was very cruel to wait in such agony. Monday we waited and waited and nothing happened. It crushes all hopes. And then the same thing happened today. It was almost too much. When I thought I was going to break Dr. Boyle came in near 6 pm and said that we would still have to wait but hopefully we would still be able to induce early the next morning. He checked to see how dilated I was so he would have an idea what to expect. I'm dilated to a 4. AWESOME! That was a surprise to everyone but by far the best news I've had all day. My night nurse came in around 8:30 and said they had a room for me in Labor & Delivery. Oh, thank you! She worked miracles (too bad she wasn't here earlier!:) They have started the IV and will start the Pit (labor induce med) at 2 am. So we are finally on the long awaited road. It feels good.

1 comment:

'T' said...

keep the story comin' awesome writer...

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...