Wednesday, April 8, 2009

~~~April 8, 2003 (Tuesday) ~~~

I got to talk with my parents this morning. They were still on vacation until early this morning. Kurt called and spoke with my dad before he left for work. Then my mom called me at the hospital at 7 am, it was really good to talk to her, a relief to be able to let her know what was going on.

I had another ultrasound this morning, things are pretty much the same except I had retained 3 cm of amniotic fluid. Even though he'll keep replenishing his fluid I will continue to leak it out until he is born. He weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces which is in the lower 35%. It is just so little. But all things considered he is doing very well. His head is down (good for delivery position.) I am put on a fetal monitor every 4 hours for one hour. His heart rate is just great every time and I still don't have any notable contractions. Not dilated at all and my cervix is not effaced. All very GOOD signs that he'll be able to stay in the womb as long as possible. The Dr. gave me bathroom privileges today - I'M SO EXCITED - no more bed pans and its so nice to be able to get out of bed every once and a while. I'm also allowed to take a shower every other day! :) It is so amazing how such small things can mean so much. I don't really have any stuff here so I'll wait until Kurt comes tonight to take my shower. I also got the second shot of steroids to help his lung development.

I got some flowers today from the Romans, it was so thoughtful of them. It really made my day. They have really been so supportive and loving throughout this whole process. Cindy is very good to call me everyday, see what is happening and keep me company. We have really been blessed with a super wonderful family (but we already knew that!) The nurses keep asking if our family is coming. Well...it's not going to happen. I was kind of worried about it in the beginning but that was all in vain! Everyone has been so nice to us and I know family every where is praying for us, especially for baby Austin. I can feel the support and love and it calms my soul. We're going to be okay. Sister Gerdis from the branch and her daughter Hannah came to visit. Donia came by and stayed for a few hours. Grandpa and Grandma Waite called. So even though family is not around I feel loved and supported.

1 comment:

Dirk said...

I'm enjoying reading this and reliving it. It's good we already know the outcome! We are so blessed.

And then you think of the many, many who have abortions.

What a great way to celebrate Austin's upcoming Birthday!

Love to Austin and all of you!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...