Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quickest-Trip-To-Utah-Yet

My brother Sam finished up his semester at BYU-Idaho this week. He was flying home to VA for the summer and I wasn't sure when the next time I'd see him was so I decided to drive down to Logan. His plan was to stay Thursday night with Elaine and Ben and then fly out Friday afternoon. After Kurt and Elaine agreed I made the plans.

We left as soon as preschool was out on Thursday (right after our fun Easter parties!) Did a few errands and picked up Austin early from school. We were out of Vale by 2 pm. We only made one stop in Boise to gas up and then we drove like the wind. We arrived in Logan by 7:30. Not bad, not bad.

Sam didn't get there until 9 pm. It was good to see him. As he was walking up the steps Spencer said, "Hi Sam. Where's your brada?" He is so funny. It was good to see everyone, the time was short but I'm glad we did it. A few weeks ago in school Austin had to journal about one of his relatives that he loved. Most people chose their grandparents or cousins. Austin chose his uncle Sam. He drew a picture of the two of them complete with labeling and arrows. Then he wrote, "I love my uncle Sam. He lives far away." We DO love our uncle Sam & wish him the best of luck this summer.





We said good-bye around 12:30 pm on Friday. The kids and I then had a picnic at a park for about an hour. After another errand and more gas for the van we were back on the road by 3 pm. Almost immediately Ruth, Spencer and Emma Lynn fell asleep while Austin continued to read Magic School Bus Chapter books (we've found the perfect combo of fiction and non-fiction for him! He read 2 books on the trip.) I listened to Glen Beck to say awake. :) My kids were fabulous little troopers and we were back in Vale by 8:20 pm. We didn't stop ONCE on the way home!!! Can we say amazing travelers?!!! YES! Now that I know that I've got a lot more day trips planned! ;)


Cousins and Best Friends

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...