Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Awesome Austin!

Posting my journal entries proceeding Austin's birth in 2003 has made me more sentimental and emotional than normal (birthdays are always bitter sweet.) But what a flashback. Life has changed so much since those early days of first-time-parenthood 6 years ago. Austin (and all children in general) are truly miracles. To remember the process of being pregnant, the delivery and then the life-long-eternity-long journey of raising them (or them raising us!) And I thought labor was hard! ;) How grateful I am that I at least kept a journal with all the spare time on bed rest (if only I could say the same for the present day!)

Austin's personality has it's moments when it challenges and frustrates me. But I love him endlessly. I wouldn't change his personality for a minute! It makes him Austin! He brings me so much joy and I'm loving growing through life with him. I've realized I have everything I've wanted. He is my son and my best buddy.

Austin I love your mind. It is so sharp and always anxious to soak up knowledge. I love that you have the need to know why and how things work (it makes your father proud!) I love your success in school. I love that you are an AMAZING reader in kindergarten. I love that you are unassuming about your abilities in school and simply, purely just want to learn. I love that you are friends with everyone. I love your art work. I love your prayers. I love your knowledge of the gospel and scripture stories. I love that your favorite book is the Encyclopedia of Animals & you just want to be a missionary when you grow up. I love your excitement for life. I love that you are excited for me to come to your class and give me kisses and hold my hand in the hall. I love when you tell me the details about your day or the book you just read or a very important fact about dinosaurs. I love that non-fiction rocks your world. And you, my little buddy, rock my world!

I love you!


One Month Old (the day your came home from the NICU)


6 months Old


1 Year Old


2 Years Old


3 Years Old


4 Years Old


5 Years Old


6 Years Old (Bionicle Birthday)


Making the Bionicle for his cake




Happy, Happy Birthday!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...