Wednesday, November 11, 2009

da Pixie

Saturday night I decided to give Rooster her first hair cut. I've been thinking about it for a while now and for some reason I had a brave moment and just did it. It took all of two minutes b/c her hair is so fine (wispy is our usual descriptive word of choice.) She is now sporting a cute pixie cut (as I explained to Kurt shorter than a bob but not as short as my whack job.)

Just to clarify I cut her hair:
~ help it grow out at the same length (she had so many different wispy lengths!)
~ in hopes it'll thicken up (this tactic worked for Emma Lynn....we'll see....)

It really changed her look! It took me a few days to get use to it. But as Bill said on Sunday, it really fits her personality. Short, spunky and some-times-sassy. Mainly she just looks like a little girl and not my baby gurla.


(I love how these shots capture front and back perfectly.)




(I also love how I've captured all the spider bites she got last Thursday [which was followed by a fever and rash. Scary! It was only 24 hours so we are now resting a little bit easier.]


Rooster helping me cook right after her post hair cut bath.

It has helped her look less messy (especially when she lets me curl it under!)

I just need to figure out how to post the little bag of hair now...

2 comments:

mom said...

Like like it! It is sharper, cleaner and I agree it will grow in better. Good job mom!

'T' said...

oh cute.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...