Thursday, November 26, 2009

Harvest Potlucks

So last year in preschool I did a Thanksgiving program. It went miserably. Definitely not my finest hour directing on stage. Let's leave it at that! So naturally I vowed to never again put 20 preschool kids on the stage at one time. Here is the approach I took this year: Spencer's 3 year old class met for a potluck dinner at my house on Monday the 16th.


table decor from crafts we did in class


table loaded with delicious food - so much to be thankful for!


chowing down

The 4 year olds had their potluck dinners this Tuesday the 24th down at the church. For both classes each family brought a pot of soup to share and I provided everything else. At the very end the kids perform 4 songs that we had learned and shared what they were thankful for. The program aspect went a lot smoother than last year. But I felt like it was a lot more work (food prep wise.) So now I have to decide which way I prefer or if it is even worth doing at all!

Emma Lynn got up on the stage with her class and she SANG!!! I was so PROUD of her! She has come such a long way! Way to go girl!!!

1 comment:

mom said...

Emma I'm so proud of you for singing with your class on stage! Way to go Girl! I'm so EXCITED to see you on DEC 23RD!!!!!! Only 25 more days! Congrats Rachel on doing a great Harvest Day lunch!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...