Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful Day 09

I LOVE thanksgiving.

I love that we have a holiday to stop and take a moment from our too busy lives to just give thanks for all that we have. And we have a lot. Life is so good. My cup runneth o're.


The brisk sunrise Thanksgiving morning.

Austin, Emma Lynn and I spent the morning making turkey table name cards. We had fun and they turned out so cute! I think it will become a new tradition (to make name card for the turkey table.) There are just so many ideas....





At noon we went over to Bill and Cindy's for Thanksgiving lunch. Jeff, Julie, Mollie, Grandparents Miles and Romans were also in attendance. A total of 15 - pretty small group compared to years past. It was nice and cozy. The food was excellent and the company was perfect. Thanks Cindy for hosting yet another fabulous Thanksgiving!


I'm thankful for beautiful daughters who love to dress up as much as I like dressing them up! :)


I'm thankful for my family (and of course this applies to all the other wonderful members not pictured! I HEART You!)


I'm thankful for delicious food, a perfect roof over my head, clothes to wear and food storage in my basement.


I'm thankful for help, surprises, work and the ability to teach. Austin came into the kitchen and asked if he could wash the dishes for me. What a great surprise! I love the help and the opportunity to teach him the importance of work.


I'm thankful for a wonderfully supportive, devoted and handsome husband.


I'm thankful for all the loving grandparents my children have in their lives. For siblings who are friends, that love and play with each other. For talents my children possess that give them joy and confidence.


I'm thankful for eyes to see, a brain to learn and the ability to read. For the joy reading brings to my family. For creativity to make a fort to escape and create new worlds.


I'm thankful for my 6 nieces and 1 nephew. And for a new nephew to arrive next month!!



I'm thankful for sleep!


I'm thankful for thoughtful little love notes that brighten my day. For kids who can now write/draw them. [It says: Spencer P.S. You are my favorite buddy. Love, Austin.]

I'm thankful for SPENCER (whom I did not get a picture of by some large misfortune! And NO this does not have anything to do with the middle children syndrome which I do not believe in!!!) He is fun, easy to love, adorable, smart, and funny. I would be lost and empty without him in my life.



I'm thankful for my children who bring me so much joy.

2 comments:

mom said...

Loved all the sleeping pictures! So funny! Your table decor was beautiful. Ruthie in the cupboard was the best! You do have so much to be thankful for!

Elliot and Traci said...

I LOVE THIS POST! Thanks for sharing. It made me feel like I was home for Thanksgiving.

I can't believe how big Molly is and I love Ruthie's new haircut! What a cutie.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I am grateful for YOU!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...