Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our Toothbrush Tale

This is our bathroom sink.


The drain has a little cap to protect from objects falling down or getting stuck. Unfortunately the cap is very easily removed.


I am constantly reminding the kids to leave it alone, please don't put it in your mouth, yes it has germs and stop spraying the water every where by putting it over the faucet!!!

Rooster's spot has always been to sit on the counter while I get ready. This morning while I was getting ready for church I looked over just in time to see tip of my toothbrush disappear down the drain! When I inspected the drain I could see 2 toothbrushes down then. Nice. I made a mental note to tell Kurt that night when we got home.

Miracles happen and I actually remembered to tell him. Naturally it wasn't any easy process to get the toothbrushes out because the laundry chute is right below the sink so the pipes twist around in a funny way. The sink bowl was removed from the counter, a metal hanger became a hook and the fishing began.


Kurt found 9 TOOTHBRUSHES down our drain. Yes, that's correct. NINE! [PLus a toothpaste cap and plastic caterpillar.] It looks like she might have been at this past time a while! And so sneaky too!


Major kudos to Kurt for being dad of the decade for completely keeping his cool during a nasty fishing job and immediately finding the humor in the situation.

I'm not sure, do you think this is the face of a truly repentant little girl?

4 comments:

'T' said...

9??? ha!

Marti Bair said...

That is awesome. My sink needs drano. I bet it is hair not toothbrushes. Funny stuff.

Elliot and Traci said...

Haha, the look on her face is clasic. :)

mom said...

Nine is just unbelievable! You must have long or wide pipes. Tricky Ricky Ruthie!
I think Santa should bring you all toothbrushes in your socks this year!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...