Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday Survival???

Black Friday has always been somewhat of a phenomenon to me. Growing up overseas they definitely did not have such events. Ever since I have moved to Vale I have gone shopping on the mecca day of all shopping sales. But in a reasonable, manageable way. I would get to the stores at 6:30 - 7 am and by that time all the super crazies had left and shopping was even more quiet (and therefore more blissful) than any other day of the year. I can handle that kind of Black Friday shopping!

This year Marti and I planned to go together. She spent Thanksgiving with Jeff's family and on their way home they decided to stay in Boise and hit the sales early. I decided to be spontaneous and join them. I left Vale at 11pm, got to Boise at midnight and we started the all night shopping experience. CRAZY!!! I have never seen such madness. I did get some deals but it came with a price (like standing in long lines.) I'm pretty sure that I'll be returning to my former method of shopping next year!

I did find some UBER cute boots for Rooster. Emma Lynn has been a boot lover since she could walk. Her boots this winter are very cute and Rooster has been loving them. She was constantly putting them on and tromping around the house. So I was determined to find a pair for Rooster during the Black Friday madness. They weren't even a killer deal but I love them. Just look at her, adorable! I could just eat her up! What's what's even more fun Brooke has a pair too!







One experience that I do want to record. I had taken out my debit cards and put everything in the pocket of my coat so I wouldn't have to deal with a purse in the crazy stores. Around 6 am I got back on the freeway to head home when I received a phone call from my Progressive agent. A man had found my wallet and was trying to get a hold of me. Long story short I got his cell number and called him. He was at K-Mart and wanted me to come and pick it up from him. So I turned around and headed back to Boise to meet him. The closer I got to Boise the more uneasy I got about the situation. I had never been to K-Mart that morning. He was about 2 miles away from the last store I had been at. My stomach was in knots and I was about ready to pull over so I could throw up. I could not go meet this stranger and get my wallet. I called Kurt and filled him in. I told him I could not go. I did not feel good about it. I was physically ill. Of course he was understanding and supportive. I turned the car around headed home. Almost immediately I felt better and the sick feeling was gone. I called the guy back and asked him to leave my wallet at the customer service desk. I have no idea what would have happened if I had met him and I don't need to know! All I do know is that the spirit gave me a very strong impression that it was not a good situation. I'm grateful to have a member of the Godhead with me at all times if I so choose by my actions. I know that his power and witness is real.

1 comment:

mom said...

ahhhhh. I'm thrilled you live like you do and could sense something was wrong. Blessings.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...