Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vale Reunion

This weekend the Vale Wards had a reunion. They invited everyone who has family or has ever lived, currently lives or would like to live in Vale to come. Personally I had never heard of such a thing probably because I never had roots in one place long enough to call home. Many people went to a lot of work and it was a fun weekend.

Friday night was the corn and watermelon feed {this is an annual activity in Vale.} All the corn and watermelon {summer staples!} you can eat, whats not to love?!!!

Saturday they had games in the park for kids. They had popcorn, Cotton candy and snow cones {{LOVE.}}

If looks could kill Austin, yikes.


Besties Brooke and Rooster.


There was also Primary Karaoke entertainment. Braxton and Spencer sang "Praise to the Man" acapella. My single most favorite moment of the day.

The fish pond was the favorite game by far because of the extremely cool prizes. Sling shot stuff animals with sound. The weather was gorgeous and it wasn't too crowded making for a great time. Afterwards Kurt took the kids swimming while Lucy and I watched. Even though the pool was extra crowded they had fun.

That evening there was a potluck dinner and talent show at the High School. It was so hot in the building, we would have been better of to have it outside. I played a piano duet with Austin's piano teacher, Lori Nelson. It was fun to practice and play with her. It seems like I don't get many opportunities any more. There was lots of talent, always inspiring.

Sunday we had church at the High School gym to seat the 550 or so people that were there. It was a little bit odd and a little hot but I still felt the spirit. I can honestly say that since I know I'll be around, I'm looking forward to the next Vale Reunion.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...