Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Unmentionable

.......s.c.h.o.o.l.......

They called last week. How rude of them to interrupt our summer. During the conversation I learned that school starts on August 19th. Seriously??? When we get back from Utah we will only have 10 DAYS of summer freedom fun left. That was a reality check that slapped me in the face and threaten to suffocate. yikes.

I had my 6 week postpartum checkup yesterday. Knowing I was limited on summer days I invited Emma Lynn to come with me so we could have our special Back-2-School mommy date. I called Kurt on the way home and told him that he should be nervous because his 6 year old loves the mall way too much! For her date she wanted to go shopping for school and go the craft store for new art supplies. {Mom added a delicious lunch at our favorite Olive Garden.} Since they wear uniforms school shopping was easy. We got a new belt, new shoes, tons of fun socks, a headband and 2 necklaces. We accessorized. ;) Its just funny how much she enjoyed it because that mommy date would have been torture for Austin. She also discovered the store Justice and it was love at first sight. At the craft store she got new oil pastels and an animal how-to-draw instruction book. I'll have to post some of her drawings, they're great!

On the way home I was telling her how much I appreciate her and what a wonderful girl she is. I listed off 5 or so reasons why she is great and she continued the list with a few of her own. It made me smile. I love it because first of all she believed what I said about her was true and secondly she has confidence. I know all too soon doubts of her worth will creep in. Hopefully she will continue to believe the goodness I'm trying to instill. She is an amazing girl {beautiful, helpful, talented, kind, and obedient.} I relie on her so much. I am a blessed mom.

Today we went to the school to get fitted for uniforms. $400 later my THREE {{shutter}} school kids are ready for the 19th of August. Spencer looks so handsome in his uniform. It tugs on my heart strings. Breathe.

Austin told me that summer has gone by way too fast {agreed} and that we didn't have any fun. {ya, I'm feeling a little guilty about that. Isn't having a new baby FUN?!?!} O.K. we just turned the FUN on. The next few weeks are going to be intense.

3 comments:

mom said...

I think you had fun at the water park and camping and jumping on the trampoline with the sprinklers going everywhere! Your lives are full of fun!

'T' said...

happy back to school. i love the shopping tradition, i always enjoy that too. tiniel--

stalker sarah said...

Summer has gone by way too fast! Sounds like you had a great mommy/daughter date! Have a great time in Utah! Love you! :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...