Sunday, July 31, 2011

Grandma's House

After 22 years of living overseas or on the east coast my parents purchased a house in West Jordon, Utah. We drove down Friday for Karen's wedding and saw them in their NEW home for the first time. I have to say that it is so surreal that they are currently Utah residents but the idea is growing on me.

I'm excited for my parents to have a house. To put some roots down and hopefully minimize the moving trend.

And after being here for 2 days I am excited for my kids. I'm excited that they'll get to know my amazingly wonderful parents better as we'll get to see them more. I'm excited that they can GO to grandma's house. That they can make memories with grandma at her house. That they can feel the spirit and learn gospel truths at grandma's house. And that they can cheer for joy when I tell them we are going to Grandma Richards' house.

Austin asked me how much longer we were staying at grandma's house and I told him a week. His eyes got big and he grinned, "Good! I love Grandma's House!" Me too. Congrats mom and dad.

1 comment:

'T' said...

how wonderful rachel! very excited for all of you. can't wait to hear about karen's wedding.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...