Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Performance

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It was a busy and slightly crazy day. It was also the day the McMullans were arriving! YAY!! We were so excited to have them come but it also meant I needed to focus on a house for more than half a minute. It really would help if I was home for two days in a row. They missed their connecting flight so they were on stand-by to see if they would make it to Boise. Meanwhile I tried to keep getting ready while Lucy tried to "help" me. Oh that girl is busy. They made the stand by flight and arrived in Boise just minutes after the girls and I got there. Perfect timing for all the stress and rushing. Somehow it always works out.

We rushed back to Vale to get ready for the kids Winter Recital which started at 6 pm in the Cultural center. All the kids performed a piano piece also. Emma Lynn and Spencer just started taking lessons this fall so for them it was their first piano recital ever. I was so proud of them! They all memorized their pieces. Every morning Emma Lynn would wake up, get dressed for school and practice her piano. It is such a blessing for her to practice on her own!

Spencer's piano piece was the very first number of the night. When I walked in to the auditorium he was sitting at the piano patiently waiting for the performance to start. I found a spot right in front of the piano so Ruth went and sat there. I couldn't find Kurt and the others to save my life. Oh well, at least I had a good view of the kids.

Spencer
Piano: Deck the Halls
Dance Class: Himno a Los Ninos



Emma Lynn

Piano: Away in a Manger
Dance Class: Christmas Dont be Late {Alvin and the Chipmunks}





Austin
Piano: I saw Three Ships
Dance Class: Boot Scootin Boogie




So much better performance than last year. I really proud of my school kids and all their hard work. It really paid off. LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

Your kids are the best dancers. So glad I could see their skills LIVE! You got a lot of fun pictures of their performances. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...