Saturday, September 26, 2009

Party #1

Recap of our family birthday party for Emma Lynn on Tuesday, September 22nd.

We had our first field trip in preschool that day at the bakery. After preschool we picked up dad and we went out to lunch at Dairy Queen. Right after school got out she had art lessons. She has a new teacher this year (another one of my YW) and last week was her first time with her. When she realized that she would have art on her birthday was more excited for her art lessons than her birthday! Her teacher, Brecca, brought her a present (a horse) and they painted it together.



After Kurt got home the party finally got under way. Emma requested homemade macaroni and cheese and soda pop for dinner. :) We played 2 games after dinner. Emma Pictionary. Since Emma loves to draw I knew this would be a great game. I had a large #5 for our "game board" and then 5 different things about Emma for us to draw and guess. We drew music, books, crayon/paints, my little pony & stuffed animal to sleep with.


Guessing what dad was drawing (crayons/paints. They had some hilarious guesses like rocket, school bus, & submarine.)

The second game was a time line of Emma Lynn's life. I had a picture of each year of her life and we had to put them in the right sequence. It was fun to talk about and remember the other birthdays.





We opened presents and then moved on to cake and ice cream. Since Emma Lynn was so enthralled by all the 5's throughout the day I decided to change up my cake plans and made her a HUGE #5 cake. I pulled the classic cake making technique that my mother always did when I was growing up: sketched the design on cardboard, cut it out (with a knife), make sides all the way around the cake with tin foil, grease the bottom of the "cake pan", and pour in the cake mix. I was so worried the batter would come seeping out all over the counter but we had no disasters! I was very pleased with how it turned out and Emma Lynn was surprised because she didn't know I had changed plans.





It was a fun night of celebrating 5 wonderful years!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...