Saturday, September 26, 2009

Party #2

On Friday Emma Lynn had her friend birthday party. I definitely don't do parties every year for the kids but age 5 is one of those special years that gets a party. Due to circumstances and not wanting to exclude anyone she invited her whole class plus Katelynn (who is in kindergarten.) I really worried that I was sending the wrong message as the preschool teacher: this was the first birthday of the school year and the preschooler teacher's daughter is having this big party. Is this the standard? The expectation? Definitely NOT! I hope the parents don't feel that way!

Anyway all 10 kids came (plus Emma Lynn makes 11.) It felt like another day of teaching preschool! But Kurt was home the whole time and HUGE help. I'm glad that he could be there, not just to help me but to be apart of her day and get to see how the kids interact and play. It was great bonding for that class too! We didn't play a single game I had planned because they just wanted to go play in our playroom in between lunch and crafts. Fine by me! They had a blast!

We did: choose our own My Little Pony name and made a name tags, made a pizza and horse shoe bread sticks for lunch, most of the girls colored My Little Pony coloring pages. They decorated their own My Little Pony (they were plastic ponies that were completely white. We used a Sharpie and designed, colored and decorated our own. Pretty cool!) Of course the standard present opening and cake and ice cream. But the special surprise was the visit from a real live little pony. Rachel Johnson let borrow their pony for the afternoon. The Johnson girls had spent the morning grooming it, complete with ribbons and bows. Kurt spent an hour giving rides around our lawn in the heat of the day. They had great fun with the pony, what a great dad!
I'm glad I was able to put off the stress of just one more thing to do and enjoy the party, the time together and the moment of Emma Lynn's 5th birthday party. It was definitely a success!


My Little Pony cupcake tree


opening presents


The birthday crew


The real my little pony visits

2 comments:

Elliot and Traci said...

Hello! I hadn't read your blog for a while, it took some time to catch up! I'm glad for your blog though so I can feel more involved in your lives. It looks like Emma had a wonderful 5th birthday. All of the 5's were fun! Did I see a nice new hutch in your living room? :) Tell Austin congrats on finishing Holes for me, that was one of my favorites. Hope all goes well with his hearing test. Love you and can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!

'T' said...

a-dor-ablllleee!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...