Friday, September 4, 2009

Our Preschool Home

We have officially completed the first week of our new preschool year. By having 2 preschoolers, 1 teacher and 3 different classes all in one household if feel likes we are eating, breathing, and living the preschool life. Well, at least to me!

My kids did great. Spencer was very excited and behaved well in class but that silly, I-need-to-make-people-laugh side is going to come out very quickly. Emma Lynn is a natural and jumped right in. She continues to be my right hand girl and is very helpful. I'm hoping she won't be too concerned about friends this year (and just be friends with everyone!)

Ruth was suppose to stay inside on Monday and Wednesday during Spencer's class with Emma Lynn. In theory great, in reality not so much! She knew I was in the classroom and that there were lots of kids in there and that she was missing out on something! She had to be right there in the middle of it all. It was a little chaotic. Needless to say she went to a friend's house on Wednesday. That made everything so much more manageable. I didn't realize (or didn't want to admit) how much she's grown up since school got out in May.

School is done early enough on M/W that there is still plenty of time to get things done so I think that'll work out well. But I think the key to surviving this year will be organization. Having class every day really cuts into my prep time. There is always another class to get ready for the next day (which equals lack of sleep and no time to run.) I need to get this schedule into a well oiled machine and then we'll be all good. I have really felt more accountable for my time and therefore more productive so maybe this is a really good thing.

I'm really excited about all the kids in my classes. It's going to be a great preschool year!


My preschoolers by the new sign outside (thanks again Krystal - I LOVE IT!)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...