Monday, August 31, 2009

Teeth

Kurt and I have always hoped and prayed that our kids would not get my teeth genes.

Sunday during Stake Conference Kurt noticed that Austin's permanent tooth had come through on the bottom. But it is completely behind the row of teeth. And the baby tooth is not loose in the slightest. The dentist encouraged us to start wiggling the baby tooth and we'll see what happens in 6 months.

The still-at-home kids and I went to the dentist this afternoon. I was so past due for a cleaning. I got a good chastising from the hygienist about flossing and regular visits. Duly noted, thanks. Spencer was fabulous and got his teeth cleaned without an ounce of nervousness or fear. His teeth were literally sparkling when he was done. Or maybe that was his super confident smile shining through. He is really growing up on me. The dentist just looked at the girls teeth (Ruth are stained due to a fever while they were developing.) Emma Lynn wasn't brave enough (this time) to have her teeth cleaned but we did find out that she only has 19 teeth (dUh!!!) And I have 2 cavities. I should be flossing, I know, I know...Hopefully I've learned my lesson. I'm taking Austin with me when I go back to get my cavities filled. I hope we're not starting something bad.


non assuming smile


a blurry mouth (sorry) with an extra tooth.

Emma Lynn has one less and Austin one more. We should join the circus. Oh wait, we are the circus!

2 comments:

mom said...

I HATE TEETH! Oh well, I'm grateful to them so I can eat and live. You should rinse too. You know that have rinses now that have things to fight cavities, who knew? Well, I guess I should just speak for myself. I love your opening comment about praying the teeth gene would come from the Romans. Alas, so horribly true. My mantra at bedtime "Teeth and Prayers!" Been saying it for years. (and nobody listens)

Joseph Richards said...

sounds like no fun...Maren had a molar pulled out this week (cracked tooth) and will have to get an implant...and she's getting a wisdom tooth out this week...ha ha! hilarious

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...