Monday, August 24, 2009

Austie R. First Grader

Just like Junie B. First Grader (the books by Barbara Park.)

After all the whirlwind activity of the past week (preschool open house, half marathon, stake fireside on sexual purity, and father's blessings) it was time to think about school. I pushed it to the very back of my mind all summer and was content to let it stay there forever. I kept it out as long as possible. Last night I couldn't ignore it any longer. I had an overwhelming sense of dread and I couldn't sleep.

Austin is excited (and a little nervous) so I can't squash that but it is HARD to send him to school.

What I didn't realize until 8:04 am this morning is that it will always be hard to send him to school. For some silly reason I thought kindergarten was going to be the only hard year. SO WRONG! I was so much more emotional this year than last. After I gave him a hug I had to quickly get out of there because the water works had started! I was gasping in the hall when I realized I still had a bunch of papers for Mrs. Camp. AAHHH! What was I going to do?? I couldn't let Austin see me like this. Luckily a friend came out and she took them in for me. I continued to cry, a lot. At least I know that I'm a sap and I'll just deal with it.

The FIRST day of FIRST grade was a success! Here is his report:



- One thing that is different from kindergarten is: the smart board (Mrs. Camp picks up a electric pen and can then write with her finger.) [He thought this was very cool and has talked a lot about it!]
- I am excited to: play with the rainy day toys. "I hope its going to rain tomorrow!"
- Some new friends are: Cayson, Harold (and the purple crayon), and Hannah
- I was was happy to see my old friends from kindergarten: Jaylin, Trent, Junior and Amy
- I like Mrs. Camp because: she has a smart board.
- I like first grade because: the room and desk are smaller. "If I lift up my desk I can hide inside."



We miss you when you are gone Austin but we are excited for your success in FIRST grade!

1 comment:

mom said...

Austin it's going to be a great year! You already have such great school habits and abilities you will be an amazing first grader!!! Go Austin GO!!!! Learnin is so fun! Love you!!!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...