Monday, August 10, 2009

Back-To-School Mommy Date

In exactly 2 weeks Austin will be a First Grader.

I am completely and totally blown away how fast the summer went! I held summer in a new light this year having a school child and we were very serious about our play. We had a GREAT summer. I don't have any regrets. But it still came too fast!

The next 2 weeks before we are back to highly scheduled life and routines will be very, very busy. I knew Austin and I needed to get our back-to-school mommy date done before we ran out of time.

We went to the Discover Center first. It is a very cool interactive science museum. A lot of hands-on lets figure out how things work type of experiments. Austin LOVED it! It would have been icing to see Kurt and Austin there together. Ah my cute nerds, love 'em! ;) We were there for 3 hours and then Austin's medicine started to wear off (his barking cough is back and as the day progressed he started to run a fever.)


One of Austin's favorites, pulley your way to the top


Writing your name so you can read it in the mirror, "This is HARD!"


Iowa baby simulated a tornado


In a prism of mirrors

We went to JCPenny and then Target (we went straight to the medicine Aile and opened up some Motrin) and then back to the mall. You could tell immediately when the medicine was working! He did really well so we made it just in time to watch "G-Force." (definitely a labor of love on my part!)

We had a great day together. Every time I have a mommy date I always thoroughly enjoy that child and think, I should do this more often! It is a blessing to have a big family BUT there are so many benefits to the one-on-one time that are necessary. I have been blessed with wonderful kids!

3 comments:

'T' said...

Remember when we first met my Andrea was in first grade? Seems like last week! Best of luck in 1st Austin... I need to do my back to school date with Andrea.

TulsaT said...

Back to school shopping is a tradition for us too. I love that time with my Austin. We do alot of talking, correction, he does alot of talking, I do alot of listening. I love it!

Elliot and Traci said...

How fun! I know Austin was SOOOOO excited to go -- hence all of the exclaimation marks! Looks like you had a great time.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...