Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yellow Dress Tradition

My grandma, Elaine Waite made this beautiful yellow dress for her only daughter (and my mother) Claudia. My mom saved this dress carefully through the years. She pulled it out again when she had her first child, me. Again the dress came out when my sisters Elaine and Karen were born and they too got to wear the dress. Again my mom saved the dress carefully until someone else could wear it. That next someone was the first grand-daughter Emma Lynn.


Emma Lynn 10 months old, Blackfoot, Idaho

A year later Elaine's daughter Lorna was able to wear it. The next grand-daughter, Ruth came 3 years later. Ruth has actually wore this dress a lot more than Emma Lynn or Lorna ever did but I could never seem to get a good picture of her in it. I figured this Sunday was my last try (the dress is getting a little short!) The pressure paid off and we got a good one.


Rooster 17 1/2 months old, Vale, Oregon


She was excited to say good morning to the cows but I love her big girl pig tails.

So its time to retire the dress again until the next grand-daughter comes along. There is something very cool and heart warming about a beautiful yellow dress stitched with love so many years ago.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...