Thursday, August 13, 2009

Life at Camp (Devil's Lake)



Most of my pictures and postings have been about the beach and the coastal beauties. But the trip would not be complete if I didn't talk about camping. We spent the entire week camping. I think that is the longest I've ever camped in a tent (if you can remember a longer time please correct me!)



I loved the camp set up (you did a great job Tudy!) Especially having one tent just for clothes. The sleeping arrangement even worked well (minus the fact that any child that sleeps near me even if it is not my own magnetizes towards me as they sleep. I'm talking leech type suction. That's just camping!)


Tudy and Rooster enjoying camp food



And before I forget: the next time you are at the beach take a bottle of baby powder with you. It is a miracle cure to get sand off your body after you are done playing. Works like a charm! We went through a couple bottles with all those kids! ;)



The camp group had a very nice bathroom and shower facility. Generally a no-no in my book when it comes to camping. But this trip was definitely an exception to the rule for 3 reasons: 1. length 2. sand 3. kids ~ 'nough said!





One reason why the trip was so great was the 4 older kids were so much help! They are wonderful kids for starters. They were so quick to jump in or help without complaining when we asked. They took kids to the bathroom, oversaw showers, held babies, played games, made crafts and read books to the younger kids. When I was short a hand it was a God send. Plus it made the younger kids feel pretty special.
Thank you, THANK YOU to Lake, Gage, Johanna and Brooks!


Lake giving Rooster a ride



No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...