Friday, August 7, 2009

Training for Life

My half marathon is in 15 days!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The freaking out comes from the fact that I have been on back-to-back trips with my kids for the past 2 weeks which equals no running/training for me. Since we got back from the coast on Sunday my energy level has been next to nada. (Maybe due to the traveling???) Either that or I'm just making up poor excuses for myself.

So I finally ran this morning. 5.25 miles. I wanted to cry. Not because I was miserable or wanted to die or anything like that. But because I could tell how far I have lapsed during my vacationing laziness. I'm really starting to question if I'll be ready for the big race.

So don't question and just make the most of the time I have left. I know I can do it so don't second guess yourself or think negatively. (Just a little pep talk for myself.)

When I run everything is GOOD. It's a better start to the day (Kurt and I have a nice, meaningful scripture study without kids before he leaves for work.) I eat better and therefore feel better about myself. I get more done during the day (I'm not sure if this is a fact but it feels like it.) And I like working for and accomplishing a goal (running a half marathon.)

So what it comes down to is that I have to run every day of my life (except Sunday of course!) until I die. That's a little daunting. Maybe I should sign up for another half to run in the fall...The real challenge is going to be consistently exercising when school starts...I know that's what I need to do, so just DO IT!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

You are a very ambitous soul Rachel. I read your blog and am amazed at how much you get done. I am confident that this marathon will just be another task conquered! You'll do great- you have had a busy summer, I'm so jealous.

'T' said...

k you are my hero.

Marti Bair said...

As long as you do what you've done to get what you got you'll always have what you have.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...