Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oregon Coast - Day Six & Seven

Saturday, August 1st & 2nd

Time to go home.

Rooster woke up early (as she did everyday) and so we went and took a nice long shower together. Then I started to pack up everything I could without disturbing the rest of our sleeping camp. Slowly they started getting up. At 9:30 I woke the rest so we would actually get out of camp before nightfall!

We had a lot of stuff. We worked hard and got it all packed back into our 3 vehicles. It was noon by the time we rolled out. I had plans to stop as see the beach in Depoe Bay but there was no way I was stopping since it was already that late. I knew I was up against the clock. It was a long drive home and I was already exhausted from a week of camping, not to mention starting the coast trip tired from the 2 back-to-back trip before (Vegas and YC.)

For some reason our caravan (again Becca and I) was slow. And then poor Jacqlyn got sick was threw up a couple of times. poor girl! Then others starts to complain of stomach cramps...and I was fighting off sleep with a short stick. By the time we got to Sisters I asked Becca what she thought about spending the night in Bend. She was more than all for it!

The rest is a HUGE thanks to Kurt. He reserved us a family suite at the Best Western and agreed to teach all the Young Women for me Sunday morning. I have been telling you how amazing he is!!! Basically I knew he was the only person I could ask that would still love me afterwards. That and he is an fabulous teacher and I knew the girls would benefit from him.

We order a pizza and were able to relax. It felt so good! The kids and moms all enjoyed the hotel room and sleeping on a bed.



Sunday morning we got up around 10 (I think everyone was exhausted!) And back on the road by noon. I was determined to get home by this point! So we drove without stopping (4 hours.) Lake and Emma both needed a bathroom by the end but I had no mercy. It was pretty wonderful to see Kurt again! And Vale even looked good to me. ;)

Some Favorite Quotes:

Austin: "The next time we moved, let's move here."
Me: "How is dad going to sell pivots at the coast?"
Austin: "He can cut down all the trees and then put up pivots!"

As we drove past a logging company for the first time Spencer looked out the window and said, "Look, Lincoln logs!"

Emma: "I want to be a boy because they get to do cool stuff."
Austin: "Oh no Emma. Jesus made you special because you are a girl. You are lucky to be a girl. You are special."

As we pulled up into the yard we all said how excited we were to see dad again and couldn't wait to hug and kiss him. Spencer said, "I'm going to sit on his head again!"

A new summer coast trip tradition has been born!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...