Thursday, August 27, 2009

Going Green

I cannot let this summer go by without acknowledging this fact (which is almost more remarkable than running a half marathon.)

Our current home which we have now been the owners of for 13 months only has a swamp cooler. I don't know if you've ever experienced a swamp cooler but it doesn't really cool. It just gives you the sensation of being in a swamp. Yuck! No thanks! There had been mold problems in the basement before we bought the house and sometime early this spring I decided I was paranoid enough about the mold that I didn't want to turn on the swamp cooler this summer.

So we didn't.

When you start talking about being paranoid and mold growing people start looking at you with disbelieving eyes, doubting the sanity of your mental status. So I quickly changed my tune: we are GOING GREEN! Ya, we are the biggest tree huggers out there!

It was a long summer. We sweated a lot. I kept thinking it would be a great weight loss program except for the fact that I didn't ever see any results! I didn't turn my oven on for over 2 months and most of the time we were too hot to eat any way! We all moved downstairs to sleep and slept in our under wear. Great times!

BUT........Austin is back in school so......summer is officially over! Double High Five! We did it, we went green this summer!

I'm not sure I ever want to do it again....but I'm sure we will..........

3 comments:

'T' said...

we go green too. thank you basement... and someday when darrec myself or andrea is rich an famous we'll install a.c. xxoo

draperm said...

That's hilarious. I just found your blog and have enjoyed getting to know you better. We should get our kiddos together sometime. You guys did a great job on Sunday. That is a tough topic to speak on, but you did amazing.

mom said...

I'm sure your dad is proud of you. No wonder you were camping all summer! We are going green too, but that means a compost pile and our garbage is less and sometimes waiting to flush the toilet, ha ha, we are peeing green! Should we buy you another fan for Christmas?

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...