Monday, May 28, 2012

Last Days of School

The last two days of school were packed with activities and the little girls and I practically lived at 4 Rivers. Good thing we like that place.

Monday the 21st was the talent show. Emma signed up to present an art mural. She worked for MONTHS on this mural that was about 20 feet long. I was so impressed with her dedication and detail to this project. They had it displayed on the wall. At one point they had everyone turn and look and said she was the artist. She turned about 5 different shades of red and tried to hide. I'm glad they recongized her. :)




Spencer did a soccer video with friends from his class. It was cute. I wish I would have encouraged him more to do dancing or gymnastics or ... something that really shows his talents.

Here is the video of the video ;)

Tuesday {the last day of school} was award assembly in each classroom. It took all morning to get all three kids done.

Emma Lynn was first. Mrs. McDowall and Senora Sotelo gave all the first grader an award based on a character from a book or movie. Emma received the "Alice in Wonderland Award - for always choosing the right path." I will admit that I choked back a tear upon hearing this award. Above anything else I want to have children who love the Lord and choose the right. I love that they recognized her for character.


Spencer was next. Senora Brito has commented a few times on how impressed she is with Spencer trying to learn his second language. He is always asking if he doesn't know and isn't afraid to try. "Como say de say..." He was beaming with pride. His smile is priceless and really makes my heart happy.


Austin received the award "Wikipedia Award - for vast knowledge of interesting fact." After they read the award and before they said his name everyone knew it was Austin. His love of non-fiction reading has provided this plus his superior memory. There were parts of the year that were a struggle but I'm proud of Austin for working hard and fixing the areas that needed attention. I will forever love the wonderful combo of 2nd/3rd of Mrs. White & Senora Mason.


I love Four Rivers. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity for our children. We have found a fit and what a blessing that is for our family. Thank you for enriching my children's lives. Endebted to wonderful teachers who make a difference.

3 comments:

Karen and Roger said...

Heeeeey, where is the video of Spencer??

The mural is impressive! It's so big! Way to go Emma!

'T' said...

Sounds like an excellent year! Talented kiddos.

mom said...

Congratulations on a wonderful year! I like the awards you received, your teachers know their students. Happy you could have so many successes. Emma, will we be able to see your mural when we come to Vale? We would love to see it! We are also looking forward to meeting Junito.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...