Sunday, May 20, 2012

A simple blessing

We have been learning more about Ruth's skin allergy: photodermititis {allergic to the sun's UV rays.} Sunscreen is not enough. The best option is to simply not go out in the sun. If she does, ALWAYS use sun screen, wear long sleeves and a hat. Sounds fun in July.

It is a little overwhelming. How do you make this work? Especially when she has many siblings and we are constantly on the go. We went to a pack meeting Tuesday night and it was HOT. She wore she long sleeves and hat and didn't complain once. That is a blessing. I'm grateful.

I've also been thinking about the swimming issue. How do you tackle that?

I was in Costco on Thursday and found the answer to my prayers! Look at the PERFECT swim suit I found. Complete with a hat. The brand is called UVSkinz. I cannot express my gratitude for this find.


When Austin got home from school and saw her new swim suit he said, "Its so nice that someone created a swim suit for my sister who is allergic to the sun."

I agree.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

Aww I love Austin's comment. She looks like she's happy with her new swimsuit too! I love her ring. :) Cute hat!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...