Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Women's conference

I had the BEST weekend ever. "Today is going to be the BEST day ever. Now what can I do to make it so?" I attended Women's Conference at BYU. My good friend Andrea invited me. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Why have I not known about this before?!! Loved it. I felt like it was too hard this time of year to leave all the kids in Vale {even with a babysitting during the day} for Kurt. So I pulled the kids out of school and we had a great away to Utah. We left Wednesday after school we got on the road. The kids traveled well. We got these super cool kids meals from Burger King. The boxes had activities to punch out and do and the prize into were travel size twister and guess who. We had lots of fun with those {and SO worth the money for happy travels!}
The Conference was Thursday and Friday at BYU. This was my first time on the campus, I was a little overwhelmed but luckily everyone was nice and I manage to find where I needed to go. I signed up for the instant choir so I was on campus at 6:30 {left WJ at 5:30} They have a general session at 9 and then a closing session at 3:45 with 3 classes YOU choose inbetween. I spent the day with Andrea, her sister Kari Dawn and another friend, Brittany Forsberg from Middleton. Kinda the loner floating between the two groups but it didn't really matter cause everyone there was super nice and friendly.
I had intended to stay for the service project and concert that evening but I was exhausted. I went back to WJ after the closing general session. It turned out well cause I was able to spend a little time with the kids and get them bathed and put to bed. Friday I invited my mom to go with. {Thursday she works in the temple and didn't want to miss that.} We had such a wonderful day together, I really enjoyed spending it with her. I really enjoyed the classes that day too. My favorite was "Sister Scriptorian."
The spirit was so sweet and so abundant. It was such a feast. Just like General Conference but focused on women and with some agency in topics you want to learn about. Did I say how great it was?!!
Saturday morning my dad and I did the first session at the Quirrh Mountain temple. It was the perfect way to end a spiritual weekend.
The kids had a wonderful weekend too! Thursday they worked on the club house in the backyard and on Friday Grandpa and Tim took them to Red Butte Gardens at the University of Utah. It sounds like they were amazing and the kids could have spent all day there. Unfortunately grandma had the camera so there is no record of it.
The kids were disappointed Sam wasn't there. They asked grandma to go to Rexburg to pick him up and then take him back home. Grandma said it was too far so Spencer said he would pray. The next morning {Friday} Sam sent an email that he was coming home for the weekend. He had no idea about the special request to heaven about his visit. I LOVE the faith of these children.
Thank you mom & dad for the best MOMMY/DADDY Date weekend ever. I am a very lucky daughter. I love you!

3 comments:

'T' said...

love the b.k. crowns. love women's conf. and LOVE answered prayers for uncle's to come home :)

mom said...

Great write up, great time! Thanks for making the trip and blessing all of us! Let's do it again!!

Karen and Roger said...

Aww I love that you got time to spend with mom and dad. It's so nice to have that one on one time.

I loved that your kids asked mom to go pick up Sam in Rexburg. Lol! It's not that far right? :) Spencer's faith is precious and I'm glad that Sam listened to those promptings to come down! :) Pretty awesome! You'll have to remind them of this experience when they get older. It's wonderful how the Lord knows and cares about what is important to us, no matter our age.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...