Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Allergic

For years, almost as long as I can remember, Emma has complained of stomach aches. About 3 weeks ago her teachers came to me and said that every day {with out fail} Emma Lynn was complaining of stomach aches. In both Spanish and English week. I didn't know it was going so much at school also. At that point I knew we needed to do something more. I made an appointment with our Doctor and after lots of questions and an exam we started treating her for Gastristic {infamed stomach.} After 2 weeks of the med we were to come back in for a follow up. We didn't see a huge improvement. On the second week I got a call from the school that Emma was having a lot of stomach pain and so we set off to get her. When I got to the school the principal spoke with me. Her daughter had similar struggles and ended up having an allergy to milk. After the conversation I decided to take her off milk and all dairy products for the rest of the week "just to see..." It was a very simple test and it didn't hurt to try. Emma Lynn has not had ONE single stomach ache since! We are 3 weeks stomach ache free. YAY for Emma! This is huge for her. We are still trying to get use to the dos and don't of a milk allergy and will start trying soy and almond milk for substitutes.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

Wow! I'm glad you figured it out! Kind of sad for Emma but soy milk is ok once you get use to it. Does this mean no ice cream? :(

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...