Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another Country First: Branding

I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog yet so here it goes: Bill & Cindy have sold their farm and bought a ranch in Westfall. Jeff & Julie are going with and this is will happen in the next few months.

It all seems kind of crazy and surreal but its happening. If I am selfish I'm sad. But its not about me {nor has it ever been.} They are hoping to slow down and have less debt. I really, truly and sincerely hope that happens for them. I hope it is everything they dream about and more.

They have already shipped some cattle up to Westfall which means they have to be branded. So they had a branding. I had never been to one and was quite intrigued. I pulled the kids out of school for the day and we bundled up for the brisk October day of branding.

It was very cold but honestly {and surprisingly} no one complained. It was quite a fascinating thing to watch. These cowboys have their own culture. The kids all jumped in and had jobs. The best thing was Austin, Spencer and I all got to ride a horse after it was over. Spencer LOVED it. Naturally all he wants now is a horse. :)












3 comments:

TulsaT said...

I love that you don't once mention anything about the actual branding. Did they do it like in the old days with a red hot iron poker thingy? How did the kids like it?

Elliot and Traci said...

Love. Haha, and I like the previous comment!

mom said...

Liked the first comment. Loved seeing the pictures of the kids! Ruth looked so big to me. Emma is cute, cute in her glasses! Loved Spencers smile and Austin is sure enjoying the moment. Lucy of course is one happy chicka! ahhhh

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...