Friday, November 2, 2012

General Confence

Saturday & Sunday October 6 & 7th

Conference is one of my favorite things for two reasons.

1. Hearing the words of the prophet & apostles is food to my soul.

2. I love the traditions & family time of gathering together to listen to the prophets voice. I cannot think of anything better {other than the temple.}

This weekend was no different. Something that stands out in my mind that I want to document is that Emma Lynn was invited to her BFF birthday party which was an all day event on Saturday. When we realized it was the same time as conference she said, without hesitating  "I want to stay home and listen to conference with the family." I was prepared to make a compromise with her but I was surprised and touched by her decision. There was no grey area for her. I'm glad for the truths she internalized and the ease in choosing the right. She is a great example.

For me Elder Ballard's talk "Be Anxiously Engaged" resonated with my soul. It spoke spirit to spirit. And Elder Holland's talk "The First Commandment" was moving & inspiring. It never fails how the talks can be so applicable and just what we needed to hear.

LOVE this gospel. We are a blessed people.


No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...